continuing education & Workforce Development
The Chesapeake College Division of continuing education & Workforce Training specializes in meeting the training needs of employers throughout the region as well as providing lifelong learning opportunities for the general public. A wide range of courses to upgrade skills, develop new skills, or pursue special interests are offered throughout the year at locations in Caroline, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne's and Talbot counties.
annually, we have more than 17,000 registrations in non-credit courses. the college offers people a community resource for exploring new cultural, educational and social experiences. we can provide certificates of completion, continuing education units (ceus) and preparation for professional certification in such areas as nursing assistant and other health related occupations, a+, cisco, truck driving, welding, and more.
contract training available!
chesapeake offers cost effective contract or open enrollment opportunities, flexible scheduling, delivery on site and/or at college facilities.
a well-trained workforce contributes to the competitive advantage of the region. chesapeake college can work with your organization to design, develop and deliver the training you need to meet your productivity and continuous improvement goals. we will meet with you to discuss all your training needs including:
- customer-specific courses and programs
- training needs assessment
- strategic planning
- cost effective contract or open enrollment opportunities, flexible scheduling, delivery on site and/or at college facilities
- credit and non-credit courses
leadership and supervisor training
- building high performance teams
- the art of communication
- managing for performance
- essential training for all levels of ability
english as a second language
- industry specific communication and workplace skills for non-native english speakers
command spanish training for the workplace
- job-specific spanish language and cross-cultural training in a diversity of fields
osha workplace and safety
community resources and partner agencies